Is it morally wrong to convince layman that magic is real?

• Yes, we should aim to fool people without convincing them that magic is real.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No, it is not our concern what people believe as long as our magic is strong and fooling.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • We should not only be allowing layman to believe in magic but aim to convince them to believe in it.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Nov 10, 2014
I always make it clear that there is no superhuman or psychic powers being used. I don't believe in lying even if for the sake of art.
The only issue I see with that is it really shouldn't be needed, we are there to suspend their disbelief (as Mr. O'Brien so eloquently put), to me it seems like an artist doesn't have to tell people that every painting they paint is not based on anything and purely from their mind.

Jul 6, 2014
The only issue I see with that is it really shouldn't be needed, we are there to suspend their disbelief (as Mr. O'Brien so eloquently put), to me it seems like an artist doesn't have to tell people that every painting they paint is not based on anything and purely from their mind.

That's cool, it's only if people really think that I'm truly psychic that I reiterate this. As someone who believes in psychic phenomena to some degree, I think it's a bit disrespectful to claim supernatural power if it isn't truly present. Just my opinion

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results