The Phone Has Chimed

Jan 13, 2008
Well thanks for an incredibly patronising reply.

You don't think this is a little over done? A bit Matrix-ey if you ask me. I half expect Morpheus to ring me up any time soon telling me to climb through a window of a skyscraper.

I didn't see Micrsoft sending out phones and coded text messages when Windows Vista came out. This is a damn magic trick for crying out loud. Or is it a new "Artist"? I forget..
A patronizing reply for a cynical post. Seems like a fair trade, to me.

No, I don't think getting the whole community involved in essentially a large scavenger hunt is overdone. I would call it "fun". Marketing and hype producing, but fun none-the-less. Almost like an interactive commercial, where the item isn't revealed until the end.

Which leads me to your next point--no, Microsoft didn't send out phones and coded text messages for Vista. But, they did advertise. And to continue with the Microsoft example, they actually used viral marketing when hyping up their X-Box gaming console--not exactly the most beloved of marketing strategies.

I'm not sure about you, but I'd rather a scavenger hunt than a viral marketing campaign. One seems a bit more "honest" (I use the word loosely, as it is still advertising through the creation of hype--but the main thing is is that the entity creating the hype isn't obfuscated).

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Oh yeah, what was the ringtone?

Or was it just a vibration?

I bet Dana configured it so it vibrated in morse :p

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results