Thread by W:H

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Not that we should be discussing methods or even trying to reverse engineer anything but I think
he means "rubber cement" and I guarantee thats not it.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I saw the advert in the mag' a few days ago.

I love this effect.

It's the kind of performance piece that will twist your audience's perception of what they think you are performing; It just doesn't seem like a magic trick... It transcends the realms of 'tricks'. It's awesome.

I obviously don't know the method, but from what I'm assuming from the video I watched, the last part is based off of an old stunt that I've been using as part of an off beat effect for around six years. If I'm right- It speaks volumes for Wayne's creative mind that he could apply it to this type of effect!

Very excited for this!

CL

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm not sure where I found it. I want to say 'Check Wayne's site' but I honestly can't remeber if I watched it there, so I'm not going to commit!

Haha, sorry dude!

CL

You shouldn't have shown him before you got the opportunity to do it yourself.

It's not my style, so i would never do it. The reason i showed it was because i saved the picture of wayne doing it (thread rumors pic) on my phone as my background and he asked me, what that guy was doing, so i showed him.

Nov 30, 2007
Thats pretty cool that Criss Angel actually learned the effect by Wayne Houchin (even though I don't really like Criss Angel).

I agree with InsertUsernameHere though about style. It is not my style at all. I prefer the classics.

Aug 31, 2007
Honestly, I don't know if this should be something that Wayne releases. I'm pretty confident on the method, and even though it could technically be done safely, there are a lot of irresponsible kids out there. I just don't know if this is safe enough to put out there. Same thing happened to Warning, it's just a huge liability. Can Wayne chime in and talk about any safety issues regarding Thread?

Aug 31, 2007
Honestly, I don't know if this should be something that Wayne releases. I'm pretty confident on the method, and even though it could technically be done safely, there are a lot of irresponsible kids out there. I just don't know if this is safe enough to put out there. Same thing happened to Warning, it's just a huge liability. Can Wayne chime in and talk about any safety issues regarding Thread?

I'm assuming this might be why he is releasing it himself. Theory11 probably doesn't want to take the risk of releasing such an effect. So, to stop it from being pulled off the market like Warning was, he will release it himself.

Again, this is just an assumption. But, it might also be that he is very attached to this effect and doesn't want it released on a site so popular.

Who knows though. Maybe theory11.com and waynehouchin.com will sell it.

Matthew Mello

Dec 5, 2007
Does anyone know if this is Dangerous? It looks like ut hurts allot.

I know of an old method wich can be dangerous and painfull, i wonder if Waynes is the same.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I'm glad to hear that it's coming out, although I don't understand why people don't understand how it's done. It's quite simple. I perform this effect all the time at school.

I watched it and understood it the very first time I watched. I love it! I just don't understand why people don't see how it's done. It's quite simple.:confused:

Oh well. Should be interesting to see this DVD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results