What is The Biggest Lesson That You Have Learned From Magic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbmagic4, Feb 6, 2010.

1. So what is it? My biggest lesson would probably be that "the true magic is what the spectator percieves". What is yours?

2. That everything in life takes hard work...no exceptions. No other way of getting around it.

3. That there is no such thing as magic, and magicians make great skeptics.

4. mine would be is to practice. dont rush anything. and dont perform the effect until you know you can do it with you eyes closed.

5. It's not about the trick. It's about the presentation.

6. I'm still trying to figure this out. I'm always learning hence I'll have something new after every performance, every practice session, every talk with my friends and family about magic.
    You never stop learning and growing, so the lesson you learn this week could be filled in with something esle by the next.

There are so many lessons magic can teach, its hard to pick just one.

7. Never tell how you did it...
    I still get bugged by this today when my freinds go Double lift!! or Its on top!

8. To be a half hour to an hour early to my performances.

Anything you can imagine could happen and will happen prior to show time. When you do enough performances or if you have done plenty of shows by now you know what I mean.

9. A complete beginner can get the greatest reactions just from a double lift with no good presentation.

10. It's all about dedications, time and true value of magic. It's all about entertaining people and to make sure that they have a great time.

11. Brad Christian is a good magician

12. *chuckle*
    yeah ok. suuurre

13. I've learned that size doesn't matter!
    Aspects of palming cards of course.;)

14. It is not method, but the effect that matters.

15. I really agree with that...

16. I've started thinking more about my appearance. Joining a magic club was also the catalyst that got me to break a 30 year nail-biting habit.

More important to me has been the unlearning of a lot of bad ideas that resulted from being too close to the wrong people.

17. That there is always more to learn.