Your Tricks

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I was just curious about how many trick(s) you guys have invented of your own,and also what is the trick(s) about?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
One or two I cant remember right now, its kinda late here :p, you will se it in an upcoming DVD from theory11 :O amazing or what? hahaha nope just kidding, I wish.. maybe 1 or 2, some transpositions, but I prefer doing combos of flourishes :)

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I create a lot of my own stuff. I have a Triumph effect or two, some sandwich effects, reversed card effects, a Queens effect, a Collectors effect I haven't used in months, and probably a ton of other sleights, effects, and material I can't even think of at the moment.

David

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I've created a good 60 effects... some Inversion effects, Sandwich effects, TNRs, mentalism, coin vanishes, and a lot of totally original new ideas too.

Oh God, it's Sankey all over again! :D As for me, I haven't created anything as of yet. Katie and I had a good discussion about this earlier, and I decided that I would rather just use other peoples' material and really entertain lay people, than make up some cool effects and be in "the next big thing" in the magic industry. But, if I could have both, that would be cool, too.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
the best way to answer your question is... enough

now a days i do mostly my own tricks to people (and occasionally some one elses)

but most of the time if i have 30 minutes with some kids. i do what older magicians like to call jazz magic (make stuff up as you go)
to me thats the best and most fluid.

dont worry about "creating tricks" just start doing things for people and you will learn to do something totally new, and when that happens, you can be happy to call it your own! :D

hope this helps!

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I've created a card trick that I do regularly, and trying to create more.

However, I've found that my forte is not creating an effect, but reworking an existing effect. For example I like to mix Control with an ACR and turn it into a "ghost story" kind of effect.

Oct 6, 2007
I've created a card trick that I do regularly, and trying to create more.

However, I've found that my forte is not creating an effect, but reworking an existing effect. For example I like to mix Control with an ACR and turn it into a "ghost story" kind of effect.

Wow! Those are two tricks you usually hear in one sentence!

I'd really love to hear how you present the effect(s)!

Many. However I only use a few of them, because they're practical. Right now I can think of three effects that I actually use.

- Pentagon Sandwich: originally offered as a PDF on the Dananddave forums, with a video posted on my YouTube channel, the handling has since been streamlined, yet retaining the effect. Not very original, but the handling is. Works very well for laymen. (keep in mind, if you have seen the video, it's really old, and has way too many unecessary actions compared to the present handling, which is quite natural.)

- Toast: a sandwich. A clean one. Method has been dubbed EVIL by Kevin Ho. This one gets magicians too, if that's how you want to spend your time instead of valuable practice time.

- Charing Cross: a two-phase transposition that actually makes sense for once. Why cards switch place, and how it happens. With a little kicker. another great layman-entertainer.

I don't intend to release them in a product. ever. because I don't believe anyone would gain anything from buying my "material". I do however share ideas with close friends and hope they gain something from it, the way I gained from playing around with the material.

Allan.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
I created a signed card halfway through window.

Clean up is hard and I am still perfecting it. There is a gimmick involved, but u can do it on any window without having to setup at all.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Today I came up with 2 ideas and now I'm working on actually getting them how I want them to be.

- An easy triumph that keeps the deck in the same order. Similar to 'Emerge Triumphant' but without the difficult false shuffles. Possible Colour-Changing Deck finish I also understand that this sounds similar to Daniel Garcia's Nacho Mommas Triumph. I'll have to ask around and see if my handling is anything like his. Hope not... :(

- A rather clean and simple(ish) handling of the classic sandwich plot. Utilising an idea of Daniel Madison's. This I don't think I've seen done before, gonna have to do a history check on that one. :p

My all time favourite creation though I've described before and you can find that post here: Clicky Clicky ^_^

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results