I don't completely understand it...

baller

Banned
May 12, 2009
That's true...jealousy is one of those non productive driving forces that human beings carry. We're funny in that we root for the underdog then are quick to tear down those that make it to the top.

"Down with big money making corporations" (nevermind that a lot of people here try to get bookings and make money)

"Bill Gates is horrible....Microsoft sucks!!" (forget the fact that people here would love to be known as one of the greatest magicians that anyone has seen)

"We hate the Lakers/Patriots/name the team that is dominant". (not to mention that a lot of people here constantly seeks ways to be at the top of their game)

You'll pull for the little guy that got a birthday gig for $100 and praise him all day long, but tear down Criss Angel and say he "sucks" even though he made it to a place that less than 1% of magicians ever make it to.

E would be "cool" if they stayed small and struggling...then they could do no wrong. But once they got popular....ooooh...that can't be good.

As my 2 yr old nephew constantly now says, "Funny."

May 31, 2008
I think Ellusionist should only be a source once you've gotten Mark Wilson's Course in Magic. After that E is a great site! They have great effects and teacher. I love Bullet, even though some say the method is too simple, it still works. I just practiced the effect a lot and soon enough I had it down. Also, E does have the best forums. They've got good mods there, and there aren't any pointless "That's what she said" posts.

ballerO8

Banned
May 12, 2009
I think Ellusionist should only be a source once you've gotten Mark Wilson's Course in Magic. After that E is a great site! They have great effects and teacher. I love Bullet, even though some say the method is too simple, it still works. I just practiced the effect a lot and soon enough I had it down. Also, E does have the best forums. They've got good mods there, and there aren't any pointless "That's what she said" posts.

LOL...that really made me laugh out loud (the part about pointless threads).

I agree Davey....nothing wrong with E or most places today that is a source of good magic. We just get different effects from different places. For example, even though The Invisible Thread isn't as large yet as T11 or E, they have quite a few things that there that is unique. Nothing wrong with that.

LOL...that really made me laugh out loud (the part about pointless threads).

I agree Davey....nothing wrong with E or most places today that is a source of good magic. We just get different effects from different places. For example, even though The Invisible Thread isn't as large yet as T11 or E, they have quite a few things that there that is unique. Nothing wrong with that.

You can't just get banned, then make a new account!

Sep 1, 2007
Well, when they start retroactively deleting posts to settle a grudge match, I'm willing to look the other way when it comes to a little civil disobedience.

But that's just the kind of ******* I am.

The only problem I have with Ellusionist is that they try to market everything, they don't pick the best of best like Theory11 does. Also every noob (can't believe I'm using that word) who thinks he's good in magic wants to be an ellusioner. I'm not saying its a bad website, just that it needs some changes, maybe improving the status of their tricks (not all of them) and I know this sounds crazy, but... market a little less. Market a little less, mass production and advertising makes it more obvious if a laymen wants to know how a trick is done all he has to type in google is "magic tricks for sale" and then Ellusionist will pop up. This makes the laymen who saw your tricks know that magic does not exist and that hurts you the magician and the laymen who know that magic does not exist.

May 31, 2008
The only problem I have with Ellusionist is that they try to market everything, they don't pick the best of best like Theory11 does. Also every noob (can't believe I'm using that word) who thinks he's good in magic wants to be an ellusioner. I'm not saying its a bad website, just that it needs some changes, maybe improving the status of their tricks (not all of them) and I know this sounds crazy, but... market a little less. Market a little less, mass production and advertising makes it more obvious if a laymen wants to know how a trick is done all he has to type in google is "magic tricks for sale" and then Ellusionist will pop up. This makes the laymen who saw your tricks know that magic does not exist and that hurts you the magician and the laymen who know that magic does not exist.

Market less? Are you crazy?! They're a business, they could care less if someone knows how your little trick is done. They just want to sell.

I also disagree with you on the point about picking the best. E isn't as picky as T11, but 85% of their magic is pretty good. There are certainly some things I would like to see taken off though. I also think they charge too much for cards.

Look at PenguinMagic. They release a new effect almost every week! They don't care about their products at all. At least E is somewhat picky.

But seriously! Market less! Jeez.

Sep 1, 2007
Market a little less, mass production and advertising makes it more obvious if a laymen wants to know how a trick is done all he has to type in google is "magic tricks for sale" and then Ellusionist will pop up. This makes the laymen who saw your tricks know that magic does not exist and that hurts you the magician and the laymen who know that magic does not exist.

First of all, I hope you realize that it's insane to tell a business to stop doing things that are working.

Second, why the hell would I tell audiences where to find the damn DVDs in the first place?

Third, I can state with absolute confidence that these hypothetical doomsday prophecies of mass exposure due to Google and marketing are not going to damage my career in the slightest.

May 31, 2008
First of all, I hope you realize that it's insane to tell a business to stop doing things that are working.

I actually beat Steerpike to that point! Seriously MLB. They're a bussiness! They don't care if laymen buying their DVDs, they just care that a DVD was sold..

Market less? Are you crazy?! They're a business, they could care less if someone knows how your little trick is done. They just want to sell.

I also disagree with you on the point about picking the best. E isn't as picky as T11, but 85% of their magic is pretty good. There are certainly some things I would like to see taken off though. I also think they charge too much for cards.

Look at PenguinMagic. They release a new effect almost every week! They don't care about their products at all. At least E is somewhat picky.

But seriously! Market less! Jeez.

Yeah, that's why I said it might sound a little crazy!:eek:
And penguin magic doesn't do it that exagerrated but yeah, they do release an effect "every week".

I actually beat Steerpike to that point! Seriously MLB. They're a bussiness! They don't care if laymen buying their DVDs, they just care that a DVD was sold..

Yeah, but if a laymen buys a dvd, just to know how it is done, that is one more laymen that knows that magic doesn't exist. I'm not talking about the buisness here (but I can talk in buisness), I'm talking about the importance of magic.

May 31, 2008
Yeah, that's why I said it might sound a little crazy!:eek:
And penguin magic doesn't do it that exagerrated but yeah, they do release an effect "every week".

It doesn't sound a little crazy, it's just plain stupid. Imagine you're starting a business, maybe you invented a new type of frozen popsicle dessert. Perhaps it's a cross between a Watermelon and a crab. Now let's say that you opened up a shop to sell these delicious treats in. Imagine putting up no signs, having no, newspaper add, no website, or even a building with paint. That would be a really bad way of selling your treat.

Yeah, but if a laymen buys a dvd, just to know how it is done, that is one more laymen that knows that magic doesn't exist. I'm not talking about the buisness here (but I can talk in buisness), I'm talking about the importance of magic.

All laymen know that magic doesn't exist! Do you actually tell your spectators that you're some kind of wizard that can do real magic? Seriously E is a business! They don't care about one laymen knowing the secret to an effect. I certainly do, and hopefully everyone else here does, but E is a business, and a good one too.

It doesn't sound a little crazy, it's just plain stupid. Imagine you're starting a business, maybe you invented a new type of frozen popsicle dessert. Perhaps it's a cross between a Watermelon and a crab. Now let's say that you opened up a shop to sell these delicious treats in. Imagine putting up no signs, having no, newspaper add, no website, or even a building with paint. That would be a really bad way of selling your treat.

But is a popsicle the same thing as magic?
(If it is then magic should taste really good)

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Think of it this way, if all the people get used to the popsicles, then they won't buy them anymore becasue they are sick of it and hate it because that's the same thing they eat everyday.

Do you honestly think non-magicians will go out of their way and spend 30 or more dollars to find out how a single trick works?
They dont want to know,not really.
The only people here who throw these doomsday prophecies about magic exposure are teenage hobbyists who perform magic for their friends at school.
Step out into the real world and no one honestly cares if there is a magic website or DVD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results