Saturday Night Contest - With Our Powers Combined

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
My friends!

First, I want to say that it's great to be back - Happy Holidays!

As many of you know we are preparing for the release of CONTROL: The Special Director's Edition. Those of you who have performed CONTROL know that it plays differently than most magic tricks. It's an effect that seems real. It is entirely possible to convince a crowd of skeptical people that you have the ability to slow and stop your heart. This type of magic is strong, unnerving, and potentially a lot more dangerous than others. It's with that in mind that we present this weeks Saturday Night Contest.

In the early 1980s, an American by the name of James Hydrick gained international attention when he claimed he had the ability to perform acts of telekinesis. He went on to demonstrate his powers by causing pages of a phone book to turn, a pencil to mysteriously spin while under an upturned fish tank, and boxing bags in his gym to move completely under his control. Hydrick developed a cult following before being exposed as a fraud by both James Randi and magician and journalist Dan Korem. Tonight's Saturday Night Contest is based on this premise of the supernatural.

Your mission is to create a video that could potentially convince others that you possess supernatural abilities. You have one video to prove it. The more fair, the more incredible, the better. What would you do if you REALLY had superpowers? You wouldn't do an Ambitious Card Routine or sponge ball transposition. What would you really do? Use any method you like - the more believable the final video and the more creative, the better.

All entries must be submitted as a response to this thread no later than 11:00pm EST for judging. Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io - limit of one entry per participant. The winner tonight will receive a six-pack of any deck available on theory11. Good luck guys!

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Lets say hypothetically that I wanted to show people that I could watch the entire Twilight movie without gouging my eyes out with a soda straw as proof of my supernatural powers, how long could said video be?

-Michael

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Lets say hypothetically that I wanted to show people that I could watch the entire Twilight movie without gouging my eyes out with a soda straw as proof of my supernatural powers, how long could said video be?

-Michael

Your a madman.
Id rather watch kristin stewart bite her lips for hours.

(inside joke is she does it in all her films.Constantly)

Nov 30, 2007
While this contest focuses on the supernatural, I am opposed to claiming to have supernatural abilities. But in the details of the contest it says, and I quote, "What would you do if you REALLY had superpowers?". I hope this is what I would do, and I hope it is what others would do as well. Happy holidays everyone!

http://www.vimeo.com/8285610

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
the cup levitation was ok. I'll be honest i didn't like it. The motions seemed cliched and if you were magic woulc you really be waving them around like that? It was a very simple concept, you could have incorporated more. Just for a random example ive been wanting to do the "GOD TRICK" from family guy where he starts pouring a beer and then just leaves it there. But it was a nice video and well executed just not my thing. good job.

The charity video, was a nice idea, especially since its x-mas time, but if you can do that, why stop at a quarter or just one. and since when do charities collect money in scotch glasses? haha

i wanna see BRodgers post his performance of the MINT on here. now that is real magic and has a real idea.

Jul 13, 2009
Power of Belief

Power of Belief is my main focus in this video, let me explain a bit so you may better enjoy the video.

Basically my inspiration was the idea that when people believe enough they feel that it comes true. An example I mention is the placebo effect, basically in this video I am going a step further then the placebo effect but influencing objects using only the power of belief. But I need your help everyone who watches the video please believe with me as I burn my and your belief to become true. Yes fire makes everything better, and yes any card can be chosen if you ever meet me just ask to do that fire trick thing. Without further a delay I present Believe

EDIT

I completely know how bad of an actor I am in front of a camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results