Getting a kiss successfully after a trick?

Aug 20, 2008
C'mon guys, get a life!

Are you serious? Using magic to get girls/kiss is so lame...

Well yea, magic helps meeting nice people including girls, but c'mon.

Just leave magic for a moment and try to get girl by your own better methods.

-Motas

to tell the truth, magicians would easily downplay the idea of using magic to get a kiss, well it isn't the greatest reason but IF wanted to do it, the greatest way of getting a kiss is via a bet using a killer transpositions. using the patter, if i can get this (whatever) to jump from here to there, would you give me a kiss on the cheek???

something like that....

there's tons of way to con a kiss from a willing participant using good patter and magic..but i think u get the idea....just make sure u can do the impossible to kinda even the odds...ok???

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys don't be too harsh on him, it was just a simple question. Is that what this forum has become, a bash for all to every question you don't agree with. Either give him an answer or don't bother answering to the thread. Some of you can be so inconsiderate. I have seen from some to all of you post some of the dumbest stuff on here, including myself. But, God forbids anyone of you to get roasted. Then all hell breaks loose.

No instead of just ignoring the thread, you bring your sarcasm and one liners. Wow. How classless is that??? This thread is not talking about all of you, because i read a few that steered him in the right direction, but some of you were heartless in your repsonses.

Its not out of the ordinary that magic is used for charm and women attraction. Jay Sankey made an awful DVD instructing so. There's this one magician called Brad Jackson, uses something called Puma skills. Its not like his question was waaaay from left field. This stuff obviously exists.

Sep 1, 2007
I tried reading this thread, but the self-righteous moralizing made me vomit. You *******s owe me a new keyboard.

Use magic to meet people. That's fine. Just make sure they still want to hang out with you when you put the cards away. You want to flirt? Try this.

Build up the drama for one of your effects. Act like you don't know whether or not it will work it all. Turn to the girl you're attracted to and have been joking with and teasing so far. Ask, "Can I get a kiss for good luck?" while pointing to your cheek. If she's having fun, she probably will. And if you're feeling funny, say, "Thanks. I don't believe in luck, by the way."

And yes, I actually do this. If someone would like to go on another White Knight rant about how pathetic that is, let me just hand you the soapbox right now. You enjoy it. I'm going to go get a beer or 20.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
Wangruo-honestly man you asked a completely valid question but you just asked it in a place where you're unlikely to get many useful responses. Which is exactly what happened and exactly what happens every single time a subject concerning magic and attraction is brought up. You did get some answers I'd consider to be useful so hopefully you got some help. You don't deserve to be berated like that and you shouldn't feel bad for or apologize for your question.

Seriously guys you're better than this. Flaming every person that asks a question like this is like being just a card guy and flaming anyone who asks a coin question. You know what us grown ups do when we see topics that don't interest us? WE DON'T POST IN THAT THREAD BECAUSE ITS NEITHER PRODUCTIVE FOR US NOR THE PEOPLE THAT THE THREAD ACTUALLY APPLIES TO.

Not to mention the obvious logical fallacy in saying "just use your personality, be yourself.". Call me crazy but if you do magic doesn't that count as a part of who you are? Just so long as you know where the on and off buttons are on your magic machine and know when to press them you're fine.

Sep 1, 2007
Seriously guys you're better than this.

No. They're really not. What they did was juvenile, ignorant, and holier-than-thou. They weren't out to help this guy, just to make themselves look good. They don't need to be told they're better than this, they need to be smacked upside the head and told that what they did was unacceptable. Whether or not they'll actually listen is up for debate.

Not to mention the obvious logical fallacy in saying "just use your personality, be yourself.". Call me crazy but if you do magic doesn't that count as a part of who you are? Just so long as you know where the on and off buttons are on your magic machine and know when to press them you're fine.

You forget that these people don't understand how attraction works. They've never devoted more than a nanosecond of thought to the subject. Hence these schmaltzy, overly simplistic platitudes and cliches are the best they can come up with. Well, that or saying that anyone who doesn't buy into said cliches is "pathetic" and "needs to get a life."

So no, I don't think we should be coddling the stupid *******s who got a bur under their saddle over the threadstarter's question. I think we should just smack them and tell them that nobody with an IQ over 50 is interested in hearing their store-bought opinions.

Also, I'd probably like to punch most of them in the face because people like them are the reason so many guys who want and need help are afraid to ask.

If the performance piece fits well with the request then I don't see anything overly wrong with it. Nothing more I should say than I wouldn't put it into my act because it doesn't work well with what I do.

I think Copperfield has tried that kiss line once or twice before if I remember correctly.

However if the goal is to pick up on women and get affections because you did a magic trick then the goal has shifted from performance to self gratification, which I view as a far less noble of an ambition.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
Also, I'd probably like to punch most of them in the face because people like them are the reason so many guys who want and need help are afraid to ask.

Thats a good point. Wangruo, if you got questions or want to discuss more on this point I'm sure you can PM any of the people who gave you useful answers and they'd be glad to elaborate on any points made or answer any questions that you may have.

Steer-I think we're definitely on the same page with this topic and we just got this good cop/bad cop thing going on. Its like I'll offer the posters a cup of hot coffee and then you come in and throw the coffee in their face and bash their head into the table. Since we both do magic we should work something out like after you throw the coffee in their face you could tell them to look in the bottom of the cup and their card would be stuck there.

William-I agree whole heartedly with not putting it into an act whether it be a professional paid gig or simply incongruent with who you are as a person or your performance style.

Everyone
-I'd say the two questions to ask for 'flirt' magic are:

1. Are you in a situation where it is appropriate to flirt? If its a casual, fun interaction that is going well and you can feel that tension of attraction then its probably alright.

and

2. Is it appropriate to do magic right now? Have you already done an opening effect? Are you just hanging out with friends talking about whatever then you abruptly shout out "I KNOWS MAGICS YOU GUYS LOOK LOOK LOOK!".

If questions one and two are both yes then go for it.

This of course goes along with other questions I've already addressed such as "Is this effect congruent with my personality?". There are many different performance styles and "flirt magic" isn't going to mesh with all of them. If you are one of those people then you shouldn't do it. Simply flirt in the process of the effects that you do perform.

Thats another important point.

You can make just about any effect flirty and it doesn't have to be "flirt magic". I remember watching William's performance of block head on his site and he flirts with the girl in the process. So I mean, if you can flirt with block head you can flirt with ANYTHING. I can't think of a better example honestly.

Side note: I really need to work on addressing a subject without writing a full on dissertation.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
First of all, why don't we go back to the question?

I've been ignored before
the success rate is fairly low

anyone who has any tips?

He isn't asking for a relationship, or a more well stablished social circle (topics in wich I would happily help).

He is asking for just kisses.

He is looking for a way to get something for himself after a magic performance, he is looking for a kiss using magic as a medium.

In my personal opinion I find that just wrong, because, let's imagine for a moment that someone here actually gives him a 100% fool's proof way to get a kiss everytime. What would happen? The guy would stop performing magic, his only interest would be to get kisses. he wouldn't aim to entertein people, or to perform magic. His sole purpose by doing magic would be to just get kisses.

Now don't get me wrong, as previously stated I agree that magic brings you a wonderful opportunity to meet new people,a chance to not be "another fish in the pond" a chance to be something interesting and different from the plethora of people out there.

But then again, The idea of performing magic with the thought of mind of " I wanna get a kiss" instead of " I want to perform" In my opinion is wrong.

I need to post this again:

An important detail to me with doing magic is if the effect and performance is congruent with your personality. If you aren't the type of person that can casually ask a girl for a kiss on the cheek without doing magic then that is probably why its not working out with the magic. Its kind of a catch 22 in that respect. You can literally achieve anything as long as you can successfully bring a spectator into your reality and you can keep the effects relevant to that reality.

tl;dr: If you need magic to get a girl, its really not going to work for you.

even more simplified: SWAGGER UP!

I think this guy pretty much summed it up since the beggining.

Sep 1, 2007
If the performance piece fits well with the request then I don't see anything overly wrong with it.

Implying that there is still something wrong with it?

However if the goal is to pick up on women and get affections because you did a magic trick then the goal has shifted from performance to self gratification, which I view as a far less noble of an ambition.

And herein is a cognitive dissonance I see with magicians. We take ourselves so damn seriously that if someone uses a trick as a way to flirt, they need to be burned at the stake. While at the same time, most of us turn a blind eye to the fact that a lot of magicians new and old could not give a **** about other human beings even if you hooked them up to a magical ****-giving machine.

How exactly did we come to draw that line?

Thats a good point. Wangruo, if you got questions or want to discuss more on this point I'm sure you can PM any of the people who gave you useful answers and they'd be glad to elaborate on any points made or answer any questions that you may have.

Or just ask me right out in the open. If some arrogant dog molester wants to waltz in and toss off another cliche about how much you suck for asking a question, I'll tell him in list format the myriad ways he can go **** himself.

I think we're definitely on the same page with this topic and we just got this good cop/bad cop thing going on.

So I'm the loose cannon on the edge of the law who plays by his own rules? I can roll with that.

This of course goes along with other questions I've already addressed such as "Is this effect congruent with my personality?".

I think it's also important to ask though if you want it to be. You'd never know it if you met me in person now, but in middle school I was so painfully shy that if a pretty girl smiled and said hello to me, my whole face lit up cartoonishly and I forgot how to put one word in front of the other. A lot of people told me that was who I was and that I should just stick with it.

I thought they were full of ****, so I forced myself to be more outgoing. Now I can talk to pretty much anyone anywhere any time.

I suggest picking up a copy of Robert Greene's "The Art of Seduction." Just be sure to leave your preconceived notions at the door.

In my personal opinion I find that just wrong, because, let's imagine for a moment that someone here actually gives him a 100% fool's proof way to get a kiss everytime. What would happen? The guy would stop performing magic, his only interest would be to get kisses. he wouldn't aim to entertein people, or to perform magic. His sole purpose by doing magic would be to just get kisses.

That is one seriously impressive leap of logic. It also shows a rather poor estimation of other people's intelligence.

Doesn't anyone here know what obsession actually is? Am I alone here?

But then again, The idea of performing magic with the thought of mind of " I wanna get a kiss" instead of " I want to perform" In my opinion is wrong.

This goes back to my earlier point of how we take ourselves too god damn seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
And herein is a cognitive dissonance I see with magicians. We take ourselves so damn seriously that if someone uses a trick as a way to flirt, they need to be burned at the stake. While at the same time, most of us turn a blind eye to the fact that a lot of magicians new and old could not give a **** about other human beings even if you hooked them up to a magical ****-giving machine.

How exactly did we come to draw that line?.

How weird, when I saw that you quoted Draven I noticed that I writed almost the same point as he did. Weird.

But after reading your response, I think you have a point after all. Maybe the reason behind us "drawing the line" is some recent threads popping around here.

For example, not so long ago there was this guy (who is already banned) who told us his routine where he used god as patter and how he healed a sick child at the same time he changed a card for another. Then at the end of this he would say how he asked for "donations" to help fund his "gift"

later he told us that's the way he gets money for candy and stuff. Something along those lines.

Bottom line is, morality kicked in and the thought of getting something out of them using trickery and lies caused us to get mad of course.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
That is one seriously impressive leap of logic. It also shows a rather poor estimation of other people's intelligence.

Doesn't anyone here know what obsession actually is? Am I alone here?......

This goes back to my earlier point of how we take ourselves too god damn seriously.

It's not like that.

Let's be honest for a second here. What's the most important reason behind people learning magic? Being cool is one, and being interesting to women is another.

The thought of "I wanna impress that chick" goes way before the thought of " I want to perform some magic for them" kicks in.

EDIT::// As I said , threads like the one I mentioned earlier are (I think ) the main reason behind this kind of conduct.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
It's not like that.

Let's be honest for a second here. What's the most important reason behind people learning magic? Being cool is one, and being interesting to women is another.

The thought of "I wanna impress that chick" goes way before the thought of " I want to perform some magic for them" kicks in.

EDIT::// As I said , threads like the one I mentioned earlier are (I think ) the main reason behind this kind of conduct.

You know not everybody thinks of it that way. A lot of people practice magic and perform it because they can use it as a sort of relaxation at home.

Sep 1, 2007
It's not like that.

Yeah, which makes the insults that Wangruo has had slung at him pretty ****ing self-righteous and hypocritical.

And is the stick really so far up our asses that a guy wanting to flirt with magic is actually worthy of outrage? Look at this thread. Look at it and tell with a straight face that any of you are justified in acting like a bunch of howler monkeys.

And how am I wrong about your evaluation?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The way he phrased the question made it seem like he was going to use it as a means to get laid. Now everybody jumping down his throat was a bit much.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Steer, "The art of Seduction"?
That sounds like a raper's "how-to" guide.

Watching guys try to do magic tricks for girls to just get affection is pathetic and painful to watch.
If you can't be a player on your own, not even magic will help you there.
An important detail to me with doing magic is if the effect and performance is congruent with your personality. If you aren't the type of person that can casually ask a girl for a kiss on the cheek without doing magic then that is probably why its not working out with the magic.
QFT

If he had to ask the question on how to get a kiss, then he probably isn't the "player type".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results