Go.Out.Perform.

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
Okay, since this thread is intended for critics Ill give my critics to davey here.

Sharpie: To be sincere, I was bored and I didn't liked a bit the presentation, read praetoritevong post in the battle section. It actually defines the problems in that presentation pretty well.

Stigmata: a bit better than sharpie, but still, there is work to be done here. For example, I know that you have reharsed your patter, but you need to adapt to your audiences, you are talking about "connection" and "feelings" to a little kid, things like that gets kids bored, I know that the overall reaction was good, but you need to entertein them during the whole routine, not only during the climax.

Overall. Good work.

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
Hi guys This is my first performance on the G.O.P thread

I have been tempted to submit a performance video to this thread but I had to wait for an availble camera.

Before I type the link I will tell you quickly about the trick that I was performing. This is the classic chicago opener trick but with with presentation that I have been working on for the past 6 months. This effect revolves around the Idea of scaring a playing card. In the video about 10 seconds was missed out at the beginning.

For clarity here is the patter that is missed out..

'have you ever heard of the old saying as white as a sheet?'

...responce...

'you know when someone is scared their skin turns white, as white as a sheet'

'here take/pick one i'll show you what I mean'

The rest of the peformance is seen on the video.

Here it is...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=124498609819

Hope you enjoy!

Matt

May 31, 2008
http://www.vimeo.com/9660262

Title of Performance: Beep

Effects performed: Stigmata, card version

Audience: Most of them were"sk8ters" they hold the record for the most amount of bleeps I had to use in one video. They were about 9-to-14-years-old. (making the oldest a year younger than me) I got really thrown off because of the guy who entered at about 0:35. He's the in the same grade as me, and goes to the same high school. He's really immature, the only way he knows how to communicate is through racist, sexist, and other vulgar remarks. That's why there were such long bleeps during the performance, (I had to bleep out entire sentences of his!)

The Performance: I felt I was doing really well up until Mr. Maturity showed up. I was loose, happy to be there, and I had the spectators on my side. The only thing I did that I didn't like before Mr. Maturity showed up was asking them if they played for money. I don't know what I was thinking, they're kids, it was just part of my script, so I got used to saying it in other performances. When Mr. Maturity showed up, I tried very hard to ignore him, so I inadvertently ignored the other spectators a little bit. I was really trying to dramatize the ending, but Mr. Maturity continually interrupted with his various profanity-filled remarks, they sort of killed the big moment. I may be making it sound worse than it actually is though. I wasn't really frustrated with Mr. Maturity so much as I was just thrown off. I would've liked to have continued a little more with the black magic patter, but I felt saying the word "black" around Mr. Maturity wasn't the best idea. The stupidest thing I did was not having the spectators show the card to the camera...

Overall, I think the performance went well, despite being distracted Mr. Maturity, I hope you guys enjoy the video. I would also like to point out that I made this video for Ellusionist's Arcane Video contest, that's why I used them.

Camera - Garrett H.

Music -

Pearl Jam
"In My Tree"
No Code
Sony BMG/Epic

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I think that Davey's video marks a time for this thread to come alive again, only that this time, I hope for a little more cooperation from the members ;).

There are quite some people that are kinda new here that I have seen posting about magic theory and what not, and I'm pretty much hoping that these people are among the first to upload their performances.

I'll try to record something for you guys this week, if not I'll try the next one and so on.

So... let's bring out the cameras and let's perform :)

May 31, 2008
I think that Davey's video marks a time for this thread to come alive again, only that this time, I hope for a little more cooperation from the members ;).

There are quite some people that are kinda new here that I have seen posting about magic theory and what not, and I'm pretty much hoping that these people are among the first to upload their performances.

I'll try to record something for you guys this week, if not I'll try the next one and so on.

So... let's bring out the cameras and let's perform :)

"Oh IIIIIIIIIIII OHhhhhhhhhh, I'm still aliiiive!" Now the official Go_Out.Perform. theme song.

Either that or, "Bring 'em Back Alive" by Audioslave, your thread, your pick RD:

A. Bring 'em Back Alive - Audioslave
B. Alive - Pearl Jam

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results