Aug 15, 2017
need help! I want to get more into mentalism, but I’m finding it hard to get any info,
I’m looking to find out the best material and information to master this art form, weather it be free or paid!?
Thanks!

Word to the wise about life in general: you get what you pay for so if you want premium material you will have to pay a premium price.

With that being said, I recommend starting with Practical Mental Magic by Ted Anneman and 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda. Those books alone will give you a ton of material. Some of it you may have to update but there is still a lot of workable stuff in those books.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Aug 15, 2017
Word to the wise about life in general: you get what you pay for so if you want premium material you will have to pay a premium price.

With that being said, I recommend starting with Practical Mental Magic by Ted Anneman and 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda. Those books alone will give you a ton of material. Some of it you may have to update but there is still a lot of workable stuff in those books.
Thank you so much! I appreciate the information!! I will check them out!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
need help! I want to get more into mentalism, but I’m finding it hard to get any info,
I’m looking to find out the best material and information to master this art form, weather it be free or paid!?
Thanks!

A really simple place to start is with Jay Sankey's dvd's. He has quite a lot of mental material. My favorite collection of his is Hemispheres, 21 Blows to the Head is also good.

I consider his stuff a good primer. It's all practical and not crazy hardcore.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Best starting point is Bob Cassidy's FundaMentals. It is on lybrary.com. Anneman and Corinduna are great resources but dated.

If you are are looking for mental magic tricks as opposed to serious mentalism, get Rich Feurgeson's This is Mentalism videos and Nate Kranzo's Boondock Mental video. For card tricks with a mentalism presentation get Banon's Mentalissmo.

If you are serious about mentalism, you want to look at books by Banachehck, Leslie, Maven, and Waters. Get Elliott Bresher's Switchcraft. From there you can branch out into cold reading, palm reading, and tarot.

Reactions: genshi
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results