My Full Show

The following link is to a video production of my full act as of March 13th, 2009. This video has also been submitted to the media section, but due to length I don't know if it will be accepted.

I am currently having another video edited right now of another performance that took place a month later. I may or may not post that vid since it contains virtually the same effects seen in this one.

Submitted for your approval (or disapproval): http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=1171395454175

Jul 26, 2008
I don't have a Facebook account, and really don't feel like making one, so sadly I can't watch it. You wouldn't of happened to upload it anywhere else?

Jun 30, 2009
great show! what was the first trick called your opener i loved it i was wonderin cause i would love to add it to mine!

Jun 29, 2009
I really enjoyed that! You are an incredible actor man, haha. Golden Globe comin your way. I laughed at how you completely made everything seem SOOO life-threatening.

Also, you bring about a confidence to the stagethat says you've been doing that for awhile. I'm impressed by your patter, and i can only imagine what you'd do with a simple card trick (you'd say "At any moment i could slice my finger open with one of these cards and never be able to perform again, so don't try this at home. Go to the neighbor's yard" lol)

Either way, if you came near me i'd come see you.

D

Deleted member 2755

Not a moment was I bored. That was awesome. The act was just the right amount of time and the amount of illusions done was also just right. Overall.... Draven is my new hero.:p

-Doug

one thing i didnt like at all. and its not bad but i just wouldnt buy it at all. the spoon being the same density as bone.
im sure you could find something just as cheap and might make sense.
like a stick, or something.

also your claims about being able to numb your body and strengthen your body.
just didnt seem real enough for me.
maybe if you trained just your certian part, like your right hand. it might come in as a good joke here and there.

thats just what i thought.
good routining tho and what not

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
one thing i didnt like at all. and its not bad but i just wouldnt buy it at all. the spoon being the same density as bone.
im sure you could find something just as cheap and might make sense.

also your claims about being able to numb your body and strengthen your body.
just didnt seem real enough for me.
maybe if you trained just your certian part, like your right hand. it might come in as a good joke here and there.

thats just what i thought.
good routining tho and what not

One thing about Draven is that the routines and patter that he has right now is the consumate climax of years and years of performing and testing different kinds of patter.

Im sure that if he used that kind of patter is because of his experience and because he uses what he believes that works best for him, also remember that his whole character portrays and backs up everything he says.

Thanks for your creative and constructive criticism. Allow me to reflect on a few of your points.

one thing i didn't like at all. and its not bad but i just wouldn't buy it at all. the spoon being the same density as bone.
I'm sure you could find something just as cheap and might make sense.

I have played with this concept for a long time. I've used pretzel sticks, but they don't convey the aspect that the trap is legitimately dangerous enough. I've used turkey leg bones (and prefer them) but they aren't easy to come by, and I mostly use the plastic spoon simply because $2 bucks at Target and I've got enough to do 4 months worth of shows.

I can honestly say that never once before now have I ever been questioned on the believability with regard to the density of a plastic spoon in relationship to the density of the bones in the human fingers. You are the first person since I've started performing this effect to ever bring this up to me. Given my familiarity with my patter, and comfortably with my props I highly doubt I'll change it up. I think you are a rare case, and probably because you are a magician.

Also your claims about being able to numb your body and strengthen your body. Just didn't seem real enough for me. Maybe if you trained just your certain part, like your right hand. it might come in as a good joke here and there.

That's just what i thought, good routining tho and what not

Actually, the entire numbing body parts at will is a setup for a joke. The joke is: "I've learned through years of hard work and practice that I can numb the pain to any part of my body that I wish just through concentration alone. That my friends is what we call three years of marriage!"

Thanks for your complements.

Very nice video!! I have a question for you, where would you go about finding someone to learn fire eating from?

I could have sworn I answered this. Oh well.

Try looking around the Carney, Circus, or Industrial scene. A lot of fire poi, staff, and sword dancers eat and blow fire. Coney Island in NY has a freak school that teaches it, and I'm sure there are people local to you that can educate you as well.

Just make sure that you know what you are signing up for. It is lethal if you don't have a healthy amount of respect for the fire.

D

Deleted member 2755

Thanks for posting this. We don't get enough live performances, especially ones from pros.

-Doug

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ok, I'm not a professional performer, so I will begin with what I actually have some authority on. When you're doing the contact lightning of the second torch, try actually squeezing the wick a little. This will deposit some fuel onto your fingertips, which will light more reliably than just touching the wick. Then you'll be able to light the second wick in one go, instead of three, which makes you look afraid of the fire.

Ok, from hereon out, this is just my observations as an informed spectator.

Your voice sounds kind of monotone and bored, or high. This could be because of the recording of a live show, I don't know.

The patter sometimes was overboard. When every effect might cause instant death, the danger level seems less and less. Also, for the thread, when you said that the thread may wrap around your stomach or intestines and kill you ... my thought was, "Well that's BS," and it just jarred me out of the suspension of disbelief. It would be more believable if you said something like the thread can get stuck to your stomach lining, then pulled down through your intestines, pulling bits of your stomach with it, causing a painful death. Which gets the bonus of sounding somewhat similar to something said on '24', so people will be more ready to accept it.

I liked how well you handle the audience, though. Getting volunteers just by telling them to come up, the ease with which you talk to them, etc. You exude confidence on stage and that's awesome.

The following link is to a video production of my full act as of March 13th, 2009. This video has also been submitted to the media section, but due to length I don't know if it will be accepted.

I am currently having another video edited right now of another performance that took place a month later. I may or may not post that vid since it contains virtually the same effects seen in this one.

Submitted for your approval (or disapproval): http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=1171395454175
love the performance and really love the introduction.......

i can really see someone with good voice-over saying that name..."DRAAAVEN".....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results