Problem at School

Dec 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Ignore him. I can't believe another aspiring magician would do such a thing. I would've kicked his Ace but that's never the way to go. Try to befriend him, in time he'll notice that he's being a jerk.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
You know why magicians say not to do that? Because it makes a heckler want to destroy you even more.

In this case, pissing the guy off even more would just make his antagonism that much worse. This posturing troglodyte shows off fancy cuts to beat his chest and make everyone think he's better than he actually is. And you want to advocate trying to out-chimp him by playing by his rules? Scuh-rew that!

This is one of the reasons I don't like Brian Tudor.
I actually agree with you on that one. It is an awful DVD and completely the wrong way to go with hecklers.

What gain would he receive from kicking his a**. A lot of you have suggested this, and all this shows is that you do not have the capability of solving problems in a mature manner.

I'm sorry, but that statement is just plain wrong. Some people just do not get the message or misinterpret the message and that makes things worse.

There is nothing to misinterpret with a fist.

Now, I am not saying to go on a fighting rampage. I am saying that he should continue with what he is doing magically and make it very clear that he doesn't care if the other guy is better/worse. I said to him if the guy slaps the cards out of his hands again, punch him in the mouth.

I live in between Philly and Camden, NJ. I have to deal with this egotistical crap everyday. Trust me, this is the right way of doing this.

Mitch.Conroy

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I probably won't say anything that hasn't already been said, but here's what I have to say about it:

Magic is not a competition in any way, shape, form... so don't treat it like one, no matter what the circumstances. Instead, try to get a better reputation than him. Buy some books, dig up some great effects from them that he'll obviously never know, perform them greatly, and people will see you're better than him.

Treat him with respect, and never "diss" back at him. If people see him treating you badly, while you're still being respectful towards him, they'll realize he's a jerk, and prefer to watch you. Sorry about the bad luck, but do the best you can!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I'm sorry, but that statement is just plain wrong. Some people just do not get the message or misinterpret the message and that makes things worse.

Now, I am not saying to go on a fighting rampage. I am saying that he should continue with what he is doing magically and make it very clear that he doesn't care if the other guy is better/worse. I said to him if the guy slaps the cards out of his hands again, punch him in the mouth.

I live in between Philly and Camden, NJ. I have to deal with this egotistical crap everyday. Trust me, this is the right way of doing this.

Mitch.Conroy

I think this is an extremely immature way of handling the situation. If you hit the guy, he'll only get more mad and more tempted to slap the cards, mess him up, etc. It's not worth it.

Always forgive your enemies... nothing annoys them so much. -Oscar Wilde

We'll from the story you've told here are my thoughts and hear them out first before responding. First it sounds like this guy is threatened by you and if he's this bad already he's a bully and has no respect for no-one and he WILL upstage you again mark my words it happens everytime. Some will say retaliation is the answer or winning his heart and mind is the other answer but when its gotten to this point you will have to steal his thunder alittle and make the sting that will calm him down. I know this I've been there before.

First I would approach him and tell him that you think he seems a little disturbed of your performance and you felt the appraoch he took was out of line and your not going to take that crap off him again and if he ever disrespects you again then your guys magic can do the talking and you'll be more than happy to set something up with some willing spectators to settle this. If he refuses then or tries to fight you then thats another story and thats up to you but I think a direct appraoch to this guy is what you need to settle this otherwise the next time he attacks you it may be even worse before.

You can follow my advice or whoevers but this is something I've run into before and I settled it without having to go to the next level due to my immediete response.

Shane

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Well this week is HSA week (High School Assessment) at my school so freshman, sohpmores, and some juniors are required to take tests by the state of Maryland. I don't have to take any, but i think Junior did because I didn't see him at all.

Or maybe he realized he was being a piece of **** and decided to not show up ^.^

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com

Mitch.Conroy

Uhhh...

Right. Start a fight. In a high school. Smart words.

Pavan, please ignore Mitch.Conroys' post. This will not get you anywhere other than pissing him off more, or worse, you ending up hurt and suspended from your school.

-ThrallMind

Uhhh...

Right. Start a fight. In a high school. Smart words.

Pavan, please ignore Mitch.Conroys' post. This will not get you anywhere other than pissing him off more, or worse, you ending up hurt and suspended from your school.

-ThrallMind

Thrall, you can ask as much as you want to ignore my words. It's just a difference of where we grew up and how we learned to handle situations.

I gave the advice from past experiences. I have had situations where people, not other magicians, thought that they were King **** and slapped cards out of my hand. I chose to take the non-confrontational path and just said, "Hey man, can you stop doing that?" and etc. with no luck. Next time he did it, I got physical. He never did it again.

Again I am going to say this because I don't think anyone read this. I said to take this advice "if" the guy slaps the cards out of his hands again. Not the next time he sees the guy.

Tell me you wouldn't do the same thing. Just let someone keep slapping cards out of your hands and tell me how it feels.

So if you say that my words will not get him anywhere or is immature, then it is just where we diverge. But, I've got experience on this.

Mitch.Conroy

Oct 6, 2007
Mitch, some people have already said what I wanted to so I wont bother tekling you why you're method of handling the situation is jsut plain..dumb..and proves my point on how people cannot handle things in a mature way..

(I guess I AM making telling you..)

Anyway...I just want to say that:

Just because fighting is the way YOU handle situations, doesn't mean its the best or the right way.

Think it through parvan.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I agree with Justin... fighting's not the answer. If the guy keeps slapping the cards out of your hand, guess what? There's a real simple solution to this problem... don't perform when he's around! Voila! Problem solved... no violence, no angry words.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results