Reputation Makers: What's Yours?

Sep 1, 2007
lols. Anyone heard of anything outside of Theory11 and E? Just wondering.

Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer? Although...

I used to do alot of metal bending and psychokinesis stuff/mentalism.
That's what freaked people out the most.

"Your the devil!:eek:"

I'm more concerned with the fact that everyone thinks this is the pinnacle of reactions. That screams and blasphemies are the indicator of a reputation maker.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
You can see, from this post, how many of "our generation" of magician's don't create their own material. And if the majority of you are creating your own material... why are you not performing it? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Ben

Jan 30, 2009
You can see, from this post, how many of "our generation" of magician's don't create their own material. And if the majority of you are creating your own material... why are you not performing it? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Ben

What they are listing is effects and methods. That doesn't mean they don't have different performances. My reputation was made on performances of lots of "standards" I could afford to buy as a kid 10 years ago. I tweek performances more than methods.

I have a few different reputation making tricks that people always want to see when I perform. One is Stigmata. Then I have the others which included: The biddle trick, My version of C.A.A.N., The Chicago Opener, David Stone's Ghost, and my version of Dream of Aces.

I performed Torn in front of a bunch of my friends and their family at a coming home party for one of my friends that came back from the marine corps. Funny thing though that it was supposed to be for only one of my friends but he spilled the beans and invited everyone to watch. I'm not really comfortable doing torn in front of so many people but i couldnt stop there so i finished and everybody was quiet, i thought they caught me but they were just shocked i guess. Not my favorite to perform but it made my reputation, people always ask me to do it now.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Lol, I have :p

I've been using a trick called Satan's Ashes for about 10 years. Spectator selects a card and writes it down on a piece of paper. He or she then burns the paper until there is nothing left but ashes. The Magician then rubs said ashes on his arm, thus revealing the card in an eerie manner. Gets awesome reactions, and it's pretty much what I've been known for since I was 9 :p

EDIT: I'm sure this effect has had many different names. I found it in a book called "Magic with Cards" by Garcia and Schindler

i think that's also taugh on dvd from E ,hehe

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
I would say.... Having a personality! That I don't even need to do magic to have a reputation.

CK

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results