theory11 — Magic Tricks & the World's Finest Playing Cards
New York, New York
Los Angeles, California
Our team is composed of the best of the best minds in the magic industry - from performers to creators and consultants.
From mind-blowing illusions to the world's finest playing cards, theory11 values quality over quantity.
theory11 artists are the foremost experts in the conjuring arts - from new upcoming talent to magic's greatest historians.
We produce world-class shows and live-events. Learn more about The Magician at The NoMad and what we can do for you!
Our team has consulted on countless projects relating to magic on stage and on screen around the world.
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j.bayme, Jun 12, 2010.
Do you perform or are you just a creator of magic?
How did you get famous magicians, like Lu Chen, to get interested in and start using your work?
1. What inspired you to create the Spello Change?
2. Are you found of Greek writing and Ancient scriptures that lead to your amazing creations?
3. HOw do you elevate your effects from the stereotypical Pick-A-Card/I-Will-Find-THe Card Trick?
Hey Jesse. My question is:
When a trick starts to go bad during the creative/inventive process, how do you either correct it, or decide to abandon it?
How did you came up with this effect? Certainly not by saying: ah! It would be cool to make move lines on a deck of cards. So, how did you have the idea to move lines to form words?
Being a magician who's not famous or too well-known in the magic scene, how do you think you stand out? What are some ways in which you make your mark on the magic community?
The Spello Change is thinking outside of the box - no pun intended. What inspires your thinking on magic?
Jesse. which magic of yours do you prefer to perform? the stuff with writing utensils, or the stuff with cards?
if you could change one thing about the way the magic market operates today, what would it be?
Whats your favorite dinosaur and why? mines the t-rex. just cause it has a hyphen.
1. What is the BEST re-action you've ever gotten when performing a trick?
2. How has your experience with the T11 been crew so far? Any funny stories you'd like to share with us
3. If you could go back in time and change one thing about you, your life or your career. What would it be?
I must say how during SNC contests I see members I didn´t know they existed...
So. Jesse, Blondes or Brunettes? JK. Many of us have set backs when doing magic. I have had my share of them. I would like to know what your set backs were and how you overcame them. (But seriously, blondes or brunettes? Red heads?)
sadly thats the only reason some people show up you see a lot of really low post counts in these to. but oh well. new members deserve the same treatment. but some people take advantage. what can we do? its still fun. and more people adds to the competition.
do you work with chris orbit brown
Keep the questions coming - thirty more minutes until we start recording!
What is the most difficult move/effect you've learned? How did you handle the stress to overcome the effect?
With all of your effects being so out of the box, did this come from your personal desire to be unique or more to have your magic being unique? Futhermore with being unique (effect and/or presentation character etc.) how has this affected you both positively and negatively?
Who or what influenced you to do the style of magic you do today
(sorry if it has already been posted, i didnt read each post)
What type of audience is your favorite to perform for and why?
If you could reccomend only 1 of your tricks to someone, which one would you reccomend and why?
If you could change one thing about the way people perform and present magic what would it be and why?
Sorry if I repeated any questions.
1. Which do you like to do more, create magic or perform magic? Why?
2. How long did it take you, from early ideas to end result, to create the Spello Change?
3. What is your favorite reaction when performing? Absolute speechlessness, tons of screams, etc.
What time is it? Oh no I'm late
1. How do you come up with you creations?
2. What hobbies led you to performing magic?
3. What areas do you enjoy performing around?