Saturday Night Contest - Unnatural : 24 Hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonraiker, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Well that would be why I'm asking for clarification. I don't think I fully understand the value of this challenge at all.

2. Forget about the value, I don't understand what the hell they are asking for us. Perhaps their explanation is too simple lol. It sounds like they want us to be like the video but have an ending and it's confusing me.

3. From the description given in the first post, the goal is to create a piece of magic that...well...doesn't look magical in any way, shape, or form. Like how in the video linked, it just looked like he was turning the card over a few times (when in reality, behind the scenes, there was a lot more going on). To a layman, it should look like you've done nothing magical, while in reality you're pulling off at least 3 sleights. :)

4. ooooh!! I get it lol

5. Glad I could help. :)

6. ahhhh well then there you go, that made sense.

7. Hahah. I normally don't take part in video challenges but this one should be interesting.

8. haha interesting contest. although i think this completely defeats the purpose that Miika set out to get across, none the less its should be interesting. I really need to hurry up and order that Vid-cam

9. love the idea I'll try my best

10. The bar has been set. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGxUi6G644c Yeah, try and be better than that. just kidding.

Sleights used; erdnase colour change, double lift, shifty thingy - you'll know it when you see it and the macmillan switch.

11. Not bad. The quality of the video isn't so good, so, were those Studs?

12. I wouldn't usually say something like this, but seeing as this is a contest I have to be honest. I don't think you did anything in the video. You just mimed doing the moves. The MacMillan switch has a few things that are always present, and I didn't see them with yours. I may be wrong, but it really was just too clean.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

13. I finished the video, now I just have to upload it, which will probably be done tomorrow.

14. Agreed, you faked it. If you didn't props to you. But c'mon.....

-Alex

15. Yea I didn't believe the video entirely either lol. Durring the MacMillan switch I am PRETTY sure I saw the card the entire time.

16. Well, here's my entry:

http://vimeo.com/5558574

I couldn't use my good camera, because my (or really my mom's) Mac is broken so I couldn't import from that camera.

Sleights Used:

French Drop
    False Transfer
    Finger Palm Vanish