Saturday Night Contest - Unnatural : 24 Hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonraiker, Jul 11, 2009.

1. The way I see it is this:

Methods are getting far too convoluted to do something that could be done 10 times easier.

By convoluting the method to an effect with a complicated sleight or procedure (which granted, may very well be fun to do) you're making the effect harder to follow for the spectator and thus the magical effect becomes lost amongst the procedure.

Thus what Ineski's video is showing is that whilst he's apparently not doing anything but toying with a card, he's doing many sleights to accomplish what could be done with more conventional means.

That's... how I'm seeing it anyway.

- Sean

2. #82 SHANE BLACK, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009

3. By bad guys, read it wrong. Glad you liked the video!

Good luck to every one else who participated!

4. yep, that's what it's supposed to look like. And good job making the video in such a short time.

5. #85 SHANE BLACK, Jul 12, 2009
    Thanks I felt rushed but I wanted to be involved since it's really the first SNC I've been involved in. But I get what you guys are saying now. Thanks!

Anyways I slowed it down and made one with a little better lighting this is my final submission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGRAMqj9aRM

Thanks!

Some of the sleights used: Double lift, couple different top changes, Second deal, Tenkai Palm a couple times, and a drop change.

6. ok, I decided to re-post my video. here. I realized that it doesn't matter if you believe it is real, I know it is and over a chat just showed it to some members(nexus, andy and maybe rd- don't know if you made it). If you believe I did nothing, that means I've done my job. enjoy.

7. #87 jake the snake magic, Jul 12, 2009
    ehh fine Ill do it next time good luck to everyone

8. It seems like you're always in a rush. There was a huge flash at 0:07. Your center double is a lot better than your last video though.

9. I'm excited to see who wins this one! :D

10. yea i noticed man and sort of am what could i say but i did get u.. am i really doing a center double?

-Jake

11. What? Im sorry, sloppy sleights+camera cut = fail.

12. meheh

-Jake

13. #95 houdini1111, Jul 12, 2009
    saturday night contest hand washing while washing hands
    sleights jw grip, french drop, hand wash, shuttle pass no editing http://www.youtube.com/user/dn1611 this is the funniest video ever it sucks

14. You win by a landslide.

15. I didn't get to see all the submissions, but am I the only one who didn't use cards?

My son still doesn't see what moves I did. :)

(My video (already submitted) Http://www.vimeo.com/5562340 with four slieghts)

16. There were a couple others I believe.

17. And... time is up