Saturday Night Contest - Unnatural : 24 Hours

Jul 8, 2008
Forget about the value, I don't understand what the hell they are asking for us. Perhaps their explanation is too simple lol. It sounds like they want us to be like the video but have an ending and it's confusing me.

Jan 13, 2008
Forget about the value, I don't understand what the hell they are asking for us. Perhaps their explanation is too simple lol. It sounds like they want us to be like the video but have an ending and it's confusing me.
From the description given in the first post, the goal is to create a piece of magic that...well...doesn't look magical in any way, shape, or form. Like how in the video linked, it just looked like he was turning the card over a few times (when in reality, behind the scenes, there was a lot more going on). To a layman, it should look like you've done nothing magical, while in reality you're pulling off at least 3 sleights. :)

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
haha interesting contest. although i think this completely defeats the purpose that Miika set out to get across, none the less its should be interesting. I really need to hurry up and order that Vid-cam

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
The bar has been set. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGxUi6G644c Yeah, try and be better than that. just kidding.

Sleights used; erdnase colour change, double lift, shifty thingy - you'll know it when you see it and the macmillan switch.

I wouldn't usually say something like this, but seeing as this is a contest I have to be honest. I don't think you did anything in the video. You just mimed doing the moves. The MacMillan switch has a few things that are always present, and I didn't see them with yours. I may be wrong, but it really was just too clean.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I wouldn't usually say something like this, but seeing as this is a contest I have to be honest. I don't think you did anything in the video. You just mimed doing the moves. The MacMillan switch has a few things that are always present, and I didn't see them with yours. I may be wrong, but it really was just too clean.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

Agreed, you faked it. If you didn't props to you. But c'mon.....

-Alex

Jul 8, 2008
Yea I didn't believe the video entirely either lol. Durring the MacMillan switch I am PRETTY sure I saw the card the entire time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results