Tired of Magicians Taking No Action

Jan 13, 2008
Thanks at least some one understands where I am coming from.
In order to advance we must listen to each other instead of argue. Thats why in the thread I said " I already know there are going to be some slick tongued people" and there were.

Arguing will only hold us back we need to unite as one, but every time one of us give an opinion some one else attacks us with unnecessary remarks.

The forums use to be a good place to learn and voice your opinion, but now you say something and people will just attack you, and this drives people away.

I agree everyone needs to grow up and start working togehter, becasue we can learn/help each other if we just listen.

-T.J.
I agree with a lot of these points, but I'd rephrase it as follows:

We definitely need to listen to each other. As well, we should stop arguing. However, constructive criticism is more than welcome, as are opposing viewpoints. Just as we would like our thoughts heard, we should always be welcome to listening to what others who do not share our viewpoint have to say.

When giving an alternative viewpoint, we should definitely not include any derogatory remarks towards the other person; we should treat them as a fellow human being, which they are.

I think it's important to make a distinction between "arguing" needlessly, and "discussing" a topic. While it's important that we should have a community where any opinions are welcome to be shared, it's equally important that we have an open dialogue about those opinions to help refine the accuracy of them. It's just that that open dialogue shouldn't degrade into needless arguments. If there's an impasse in the discussion, so be it--there's no need to beat a dead horse, as the saying goes, and continue the argument when the "truth" of the matter can't be fully obtained, or when the conclusion is far too subjective to come to a mutual agreement between different people.

So while I agree that there shouldn't be "arguments", per se, I don't want people to think that it's not okay to disagree with other members and voice that disagreement, because that's an equally important aspect to the community.

At least, that's how I see things. :)

I've tried so hard to not get involved with this thread, but alas I don't seem to be able to avoid it. So here goes.

Magic isn't in some horrible state of being right now. At least not how you make it sound. Sure, we have our problems that we all just love to complain about but if you go back a generation, the same thing existed. People complaining about a certain few problems that was "killing" the art and how it wasn't like what they knew growing up, etc. Also the same thing happens if you go back yet another generation. The end game here is that magic IS evolving. Constantly. Things are changing quite quickly now that the advent of the internet is taking hold in magic. It's quite an exciting time!

The only -real- major problem that we seem to have is internet exposure. Can we all agree to that? Here's the deal, it doesn't really affect us THAT much. I think we're over acting this out just a bit.

As far as changing the face of magic, I didn't see you give any suggestions for change. Furthermore to change effectively you would need a clear, well thought out idea of what you want to change into. I think you should expand a bit more on that first.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Okay, so we get it. THE BLACK MAGI is tired of hearing it. Quit complaining is what I am trying to say. Great, we know you don't like it, do you want a f****** cookie? You haven't done a damn thing to help the issue what so ever, so you are not in a place to be telling people what to do. I think I only got this pissed off 1 other time on this forum and it takes a lot to get me pissed. Stop complaining about it! I don't care unless you have something somewhat intelligent to say to fix the problem. It is the stupid crap like this that offers no solutions to the problem you B**** about, simply for the fact that you don't have a clue how to fix it. Do you understand how annoying that is? It's like me trying to whine to the rocket scientist because he doesn't know anything when I clearly have not 1 clue what the hell rocket science is! Do you get it!?! This is a very clear picture that I am jerking in front of you! Now your last post made a lot of sense. I'll give you that we do need to come together, but complaining isn't going to do it.

Okay, so we get it. THE BLACK MAGI is tired of hearing it. Quit complaining is what I am trying to say. Great, we know you don't like it, do you want a f****** cookie? You haven't done a damn thing to help the issue what so ever, so you are not in a place to be telling people what to do. I think I only got this pissed off 1 other time on this forum and it takes a lot to get me pissed. Stop complaining about it! I don't care unless you have something somewhat intelligent to say to fix the problem. It is the stupid crap like this that offers no solutions to the problem you B**** about, simply for the fact that you don't have a clue how to fix it. Do you understand how annoying that is? It's like me trying to whine to the rocket scientist because he doesn't know anything when I clearly have not 1 clue what the hell rocket science is! Do you get it!?! This is a very clear picture that I am jerking in front of you! Now your last post made a lot of sense. I'll give you that we do need to come together, but complaining isn't going to do it.

Really man your getting mad over a thread on the internet. You do know it's just a post. But I'm going to be mature and leave it alone.

Yo can someone please close this thread.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Z-Magic, What in your mind IS the issue?

The way I am perceiving the issue is fixing magic. Yet know one has done anything. I have seen plenty of steps to fixing it though. There is no point to this thread at all because no one is suggesting anything to fix it. I made a thread on how we should fix it though. If people don't care, fine. Just quit complaining about it while not doing anything to fix it.

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
The way I am perceiving the issue is fixing magic. Yet know one has done anything. I have seen plenty of steps to fixing it though. There is no point to this thread at all because no one is suggesting anything to fix it. I made a thread on how we should fix it though. If people don't care, fine. Just quit complaining about it while not doing anything to fix it.

I would just like to say that I made a suggestion to fix magic. To clarify, I was talking about how a site which was meant to be about bringing people together, and yet we have so many divisions and arguments on these forum threads. This thread has totally gone off topic.
In order to fix or advance magic we need to work together to do so.

This thread is a prime example of how we aren't capable of doing this.

Read through what people have said in this thread carefully, and everyone quit moaning about a point, which was a very valid point to start with, and start contributuing.

-Ben

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
The thing is this is another one of those threads. This isn't advancing magic its getting magicians against each other now how is that going to help "Advance" the art of magic. Magic is always advancing. Just not at a pace or way that we want. People joining the art that advances the art. People Creating effects, that also can advance the art. It doesnt need to be some catacosmic leap to show. Its advanced.

People see advancing magic in very different ways. There are alot of problems with magic BUT there are so so many upsides. How do you think a thread arguing about Advancing magic will accually help Advance magic?

Tom

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
The thing is this is another one of those threads. This isn't advancing magic its getting magicians against each other now how is that going to help "Advance" the art of magic. Magic is always advancing. Just not at a pace or way that we want. People joining the art that advances the art. People Creating effects, that also can advance the art. It doesnt need to be some catacosmic leap to show. Its advanced.

People see advancing magic in very different ways. There are alot of problems with magic BUT there are so so many upsides. How do you think a thread arguing about Advancing magic will accually help Advance magic?

Tom

(sigh) :eek: I knew that when this thread started! But no, people thought I was being a dick. And you guys are just starting to say it? I swear. Sometimes.... :rolleyes: I am done contributing to the forums. It's always the same crap. Later.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Magic is not dying. There is no problem. There is no spoon. Now go see the oracle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results