What do you think of this Cardini?

Jul 13, 2009
check your box

and btw Like I said before,its not about ones own goals.Its about everyones. Just like in high school,the shy quiet girl who reads manga or doesnt speak to anyone and wears clothes that shows she is afraid.Hoping she blends in to the walls. I helped them become who they really want to be.Their ideal selfs. Sometimes they hated me because I had to tell them that they are weak.And to stop running away. But through that hate,much like here,they grew. They became who they wanted to be.Their ideal selfs and thanked me and went on their way. Much like randy who despised me telling everyone to put the damn cards down and do something interesting for once. Though he exceeded my suggestion and put down cards all together. But no he is a far better magician(mentalist now) than before because I urged him to be more.Admittedly it was because he felt secure and safe in cards. That fear again.

by action and not "letting things happen" is what changes the world.
Through brute force steerpike made change here if for a little while. but the peoples lack of ambition and stupidity made him leave.
You tell me to better myself. Thats the damn point im trying to make. I say what i say for people to better themselves. To stop wallowing in mediocrity.

Great now I actually know you like to meddle in other’s affairs. I got a serious question for you Visual, are you talking to the community or me? I can’t figure out if I should feel offended that you think I am “Wallowing in Mediocrity.” You don’t even fricking know me, you really don’t. If you think you are helping me by telling me this, your seriously wrong!

You keep bringing up Steerpike, steerpike this steerpike that, SHUT UP. He left for more reasons on there people being dumb. You are nothing like Steerpike for one thing Steer actually had knowledge backing his “Brute force” posts! He was a pretty close friend compared to most on this forum.

Another thing STOP TAKING THINGS PERSONALLY, I was talking to the magic community as a whole. You are not everyone; get that out of your head! Another thing don’t clutter my visitor messages with long arse post about nothing.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Great now I actually know you like to meddle in other’s affairs. I got a serious question for you Visual, are you talking to the community or me? I can’t figure out if I should feel offended that you think I am “Wallowing in Mediocrity.” You don’t even fricking know me, you really don’t. If you think you are helping me by telling me this, your seriously wrong!

You keep bringing up Steerpike, steerpike this steerpike that, SHUT UP. He left for more reasons on there people being dumb. You are nothing like Steerpike for one thing Steer actually had knowledge backing his “Brute force” posts! He was a pretty close friend compared to most on this forum.

Another thing STOP TAKING THINGS PERSONALLY, I was talking to the magic community as a whole. You are not everyone; get that out of your head! Another thing don’t clutter my visitor messages with long arse post about nothing.

why do you feel the need to post on a public thread something between me and you?
And yes im talking directly to you since you are adressing just me in your last few posts. Hmm you say I dont know you,yet you act like you know me? Hypocrisy much? Dont tell me why he left,I know why.He told me straight up.
Once again,message someone because this is a convo between you and I and not adressing the original thread.

Jul 13, 2009
why do you feel the need to post on a public thread something between me and you?
And yes im talking directly to you since you are adressing just me in your last few posts. Hmm you say I dont know you,yet you act like you know me? Hypocrisy much? Dont tell me why he left,I know why.He told me straight up.
Once again,message someone because this is a convo between you and I and not adressing the original thread.

Because it wasn't between you and me, it was on a public conversation on my page. Anyone who clicks on me can see our convo, its public domain. I didn't say why he left, its pretty damned obvious onto why he left. Not once did I say anything about you, in fact this entire conversation was started by you. I was addressing Cedward and you poked your nose in. the last few posts that I have made had like two lines of my opinion on your post.

It isn't hypocrisy just my general observation, anyone with a brain can see your blind assertiveness. I say blind because I believe you may be misguided, but that is beside the point. I am very sensitive to things and I can tell what you visualartists personality is, its not my cup of tea.

Also I will not respond to a pm, this is something I am trying to address universally. Furthermore, if you can actually give me a hard stable example of brute force as criticism working I may take you a little more seriously. Well that and actually using a better sentence structure, but that would be a personal attack so I won't say that.

Pfft I don't even know why I am spending so much time on this, I have better things to do and a client with a mighty tasty contract deal at my doorstep. You have a wonderful day, mine is already ruined. Its cold and rainy now that always ruins my day. But thanks for the laugh.

Jul 13, 2009
You were adressing everyone as a whole. Your words not mine.
I dont have to quote it.

Correct, and that brings me to this. Why did you feel the need to battle this out? Do whatever you like to do, I truly am not trying to change anyone here. Just speaking my mind, to be completely honest I don't give a rats arse about what anyone here actually does and accomplish.

With that said I would like to know what your goals are, what are your complete intentions?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Correct, and that brings me to this. Why did you feel the need to battle this out? Do whatever you like to do, I truly am not trying to change anyone here. Just speaking my mind, to be completely honest I don't give a rats arse about what anyone here actually does and accomplish.

With that said I would like to know what your goals are, what are your complete intentions?

Battle it out? I didnt draw first blood.
I said why we act the way we do. You spoke out against me. And see? you said it yourself. You dont care about anyone here. The alternative being yourself. I do. Well,I care about their spectators. I dont want them to be subjected to mindless card tricks and magicians who cant say anything interesting so they resort to just "watch this".

My goals? I want real performers. Real magic. Not lifeless drones.
My personal goals are to make people(my audience) see the world differently. And to feel fear.Faith.Question their beliefs.To inspire. Thats a basic sum of my reason. Theres more.

Jul 13, 2009
How did I draw first blood? All I did was point out the elitism BULLShiz that goes on, it does nothing but the opposite of what an advancement should. With that said this is my last post, take care.

A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status.

Websters Definition of Elite. You think that you are the best of the best on these forums (not saying much, considering everyone is mediocre). You may not say it, but the way you act says it all. You assume everything such as:

Its everyone now. Ive seen these people in person.

Youve seen EVERYONE on these forums? And they ALL suck? From maybe the one or two videos youve seen? Yeah there are going to be mediocre people, but you don't help, you just help to criticize, because in your words youve tried to help too many times and they've never listened. Because you've never given them anything to listen to. And you'll comeback with some bulls*it about how its constructive. Honestly? no. You are not helping, only causing more trouble. I'd rather have a bunch of mediocre kids that want to learn than one that thinks hes learned it all.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status.

Websters Definition of Elite. You think that you are the best of the best on these forums (not saying much, considering everyone is mediocre). You may not say it, but the way you act says it all. You assume everything such as:

Youve seen EVERYONE on these forums? And they ALL suck? From maybe the one or two videos youve seen? Yeah there are going to be mediocre people, but you don't help, you just help to criticize, because in your words youve tried to help too many times and they've never listened. Because you've never given them anything to listen to. And you'll comeback with some bulls*it about how its constructive. Honestly? no. You are not helping, only causing more trouble. I'd rather have a bunch of mediocre kids that want to learn than one that thinks hes learned it all.

making wild assumptions based on heresey evidence. Never have i said or implied that I "learned it all". And just because I dont praise everyone who executes a card move doesnt make me so. And that which you quoted me on meant something else. It means ive seen other people do it. I didnt mean [people here

Jul 13, 2009
I wonder when this thread is going to close down........ Raiker.

That's another thing, don't state the obvious. Empty threats of thread closure does nothing but provoke. If you don't like the subject matter of a thread then report it and walk away. Let the mods figure out whether or not a thread should be locked or not. Personally this thread should stay open, because its actually about a valuable subject whether anyone realizes it or not.

Also do you see what I did there, I quoted someone so that people who read this post know what I am commenting on; not singling anyone person out.

Aug 3, 2009
I was introduced into these forums very harshly with some pretty intense arguing when i joined a few months ago. I tried to bite my tongue and get along so i could learn. I have held off as long as I can. There are some immature, overbearing, antagonists posting on these boards. Absolutely rude. I would wager that not one of these people ever dare to say any of these things to the person they were talking with if the encounter were in person and not over the internet. I'm not gonna name any names because I don't want to listen to it. I just want to say that some of you people really need to work on etiquette. It frustrates me to no end to see some jackass flame some poor kid who is just looking to learn something. Visualartist, you say magic is dead on these forums, well sir i say that if that is the case then it is all this b*tching that killed it. No one with anything valuable to share would wanna trudge through all this nonsense to post it. I know that I am just beating my head against a wall, but I just hope that someone will empathize with me on this. To all, again I am not singling anyone out (Visualartist I only said your name because i was quoting you, it wasn't a retort), if you want to better this community then start acting like you appreciate what someone has to offer. Don't post if you are going to be brash or make some pointless, stupid comment. If you care about the community and maintaining the integrity of magic, then post with empathy. I hope the right people read this and understand. That is all.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I was introduced into these forums very harshly with some pretty intense arguing when i joined a few months ago. I tried to bite my tongue and get along so i could learn. I have held off as long as I can. There are some immature, overbearing, antagonists posting on these boards. Absolutely rude. I would wager that not one of these people ever dare to say any of these things to the person they were talking with if the encounter were in person and not over the internet. I'm not gonna name any names because I don't want to listen to it. I just want to say that some of you people really need to work on etiquette. It frustrates me to no end to see some jackass flame some poor kid who is just looking to learn something. Visualartist, you say magic is dead on these forums, well sir i say that if that is the case then it is all this b*tching that killed it. No one with anything valuable to share would wanna trudge through all this nonsense to post it. I know that I am just beating my head against a wall, but I just hope that someone will empathize with me on this. To all, again I am not singling anyone out (Visualartist I only said your name because i was quoting you, it wasn't a retort), if you want to better this community then start acting like you appreciate what someone has to offer. Don't post if you are going to be brash or make some pointless, stupid comment. If you care about the community and maintaining the integrity of magic, then post with empathy. I hope the right people read this and understand. That is all.
I agree. All the arguing isn't helping anyone. I think people are slowly losing the point of these forums. These forums are for helping people out on their journey in there magic carer. I'm not directing this to anyone, I just want to remind people what these forums are for. Everyone has there own opinion, and you should respect it. I also want to say, I have the utmost respect for quite a few of the guys on here and mean no disrespect to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
That's another thing, don't state the obvious. Empty threats of thread closure does nothing but provoke. If you don't like the subject matter of a thread then report it and walk away. Let the mods figure out whether or not a thread should be locked or not. Personally this thread should stay open, because its actually about a valuable subject whether anyone realizes it or not.

Also do you see what I did there, I quoted someone so that people who read this post know what I am commenting on; not singling anyone person out.

Alright then, I'll stay away form this thread. But going to my friend Scarecrow. Respect everybodies opinions and help everybody on these forums in their magic. So with that I say good night.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
I don't get that guy. He is such a good magician, and he makes tutorials on moves that aren't his. Anyway, that was a very nice Cardini.

Actually, he's not a magician. A magician performs for people, not YouTube. A magician doesn't reveal his secrets to the general public.

He has good dexterity, and might be skilled, but he's not a magician.

Don't confuse a Youtube guy with a magician.

Also, and I will get bashed, but don't confuse Dan and Dave for magicians. They've said themselves that they don't perform often, they just do magic as a hobby. Again, don't confuse a move collector/hobbyist with a magician.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Actually, he's not a magician. A magician performs for people, not YouTube. A magician doesn't reveal his secrets to the general public.

Also, and I will get bashed, but don't confuse Dan and Dave for magicians. They've said themselves that they don't perform often, they just do magic as a hobby. Again, don't confuse a move collector/hobbyist with a magician.

True. But maybe he does perform for the public. Who knows. I get what your saying though.

Jul 13, 2009

So I assume this is just a youtube guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPOOKHUdsBo

I mean he is obviously doing this to a camera, and its obviously for youtube. By your statement I should consider him a youtube guy.

Most youtube magicians post to show off, get criticism that they need, and on rare occasions actually do a performance on youtube.
So why segregate?

See the thing that I think most people are missing is this, youtube is watched by people. If you bring the emotional side into the argument, like magic is the emotional connection with your audience. Movies do this all the time, I mean who didn't watch "Philadelphia" and not feel sad? Now put that movie on youtube, does it change the emotional connection?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
But keoke, magic is not film... Magic doesn't work nearly as well if it's not live because so much depends on things like contact and rapport... And magic doesn't have the luxuries films have in terms of creating such things. All I'm saying is that they're governed by different things. As a form of entertainment they're similar yet different as well.

By the way, this is not to comment on any other part of this thread, I just wanted to say something on this particular point.

Jul 13, 2009
But keoke, magic is not film... Magic doesn't work nearly as well if it's not live because so much depends on things like contact and rapport... And magic doesn't have the luxuries films have in terms of creating such things. All I'm saying is that they're governed by different things. As a form of entertainment they're similar yet different as well.

By the way, this is not to comment on any other part of this thread, I just wanted to say something on this particular point.

Cool I completely agree, my point just to clarify with that post is this, and if you know I apologize.

It is, magic on youtube doesn't make the performer on the video not a magician in most cases.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results