What if?

Jul 13, 2009
What if you are not enterteining them and they are bored? Would you stick to your material or try something on the fly?

Heck no if my participants are bored I best adapt and change myself to make the time more entertaining.

What if you were given 50 grand to do a one hour special exposing effects that the producers want on national television would you do it?

Keep in mind it may get you exposure to the public, but you will also be viewed lower in the magic community. The producers are into the mainstream street magic stuff so they want you to expose things like Pressure.

Nah, while my previous statement is contradicting the scale as to which both present themselves are on different levels.

I wouldn't care about be viewing lowered in the magic community, I would do it simply because there are real people making a living off some of the stuff I would show them. I wouldn't steal from them like that, I would instead snap my fingers and make the magicians wallet appear in my back pocket.

What if you had one effect for a crowd of people you had to entertain for 30 minutes, what would it be and why?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Nah, while my previous statement is contradicting the scale as to which both present themselves are on different levels.

I wouldn't care about be viewing lowered in the magic community, I would do it simply because there are real people making a living off some of the stuff I would show them. I wouldn't steal from them like that, I would instead snap my fingers and make the magicians wallet appear in my back pocket.

What if you had one effect for a crowd of people you had to entertain for 30 minutes, what would it be and why?

Thumb tip, or a loop because they are so versatile
or... maybe an ACR...with multiple twists

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Heck no if my participants are bored I best adapt and change myself to make the time more entertaining.

What if you were given 50 grand to do a one hour special exposing effects that the producers want on national television would you do it?

Keep in mind it may get you exposure to the public, but you will also be viewed lower in the magic community. The producers are into the mainstream street magic stuff so they want you to expose things like Pressure.

Pressure isnt mainstream magic. Its made from an underground epicenter!! ah!

But no,I wouldnt do it. I dont care how much money im given.

What would you perform if you had a hidden ice container and a water fountain in your vicinity?
The effect is pretty simple to come to mind. But how would you do it is the real question?

Use the fountain and gather a small amount of water and classic palm if possible or finger palm the ice. Cup my hands on the water and blow, get back up and take a deep breath going back down and slowly breathe releasing the ice. As it is released I slowly allow my hands to come up and my face rises.

Walk off and yell "Team edward suckassssss."

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
What if your spectator doesn't speaks the same lenguage that you? In wich way would you communicate with them? ( you can't change your tricks for "visual stuff" you still need to give them instructions and comunicate with them)

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I once did a cups and balls in broken french. It worked pretty well.

No one answered my what if... what if the ring flight breaks and the ring doesn't end up where it should?

Jul 13, 2009
I once did a cups and balls in broken french. It worked pretty well.

No one answered my what if... what if the ring flight breaks and the ring doesn't end up where it should?

Umm if it broke mid flight I better had made sure it wasn't an expensive ring. Also its possible that only a handful of people even know what a ring flight gimmick is.

To answer Rd's what if.... I would possibly use examples of what I want that person to do. If that doesn't work I would trade in the cards for something that requires more body language then what the participants see, like bill switches, TT work, probably use a lot of pointing as well to direct attention.

Jul 13, 2009
What if you had the opportunity to become famous right now, have your own show, television, etc. would you do it? Answer truthfuly now, furthermore keep in mind what instant fame brought the man in the "Five Boons of Life" Mark Twain.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
What if you had the opportunity to become famous right now, have your own show, television, etc. would you do it? Answer truthfuly now, furthermore keep in mind what instant fame brought the man in the "Five Boons of Life" Mark Twain.

Hell yeah I would do it, the problem with instant fame (and well pretty much every type of fame there is ) is that in the long run, you slowly start to lose yourself and the way you were in the beggining as a magician in the process. Who knows maybe this happened to Criss Angel.

I have another question kinda related to this:

Let's say they want to hire you for either a corporate event and they will pay you a good ammount of money followed by reputation and connections with important people... The question here is:

What if you know that you are not ready? You know yourself that you aren't in that performance level and that maybe you can't accomplish what the employers ask you to do.... Would you still take the job/gig?

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com

No. Honestly. Fame can do such bad things...it's rarely positive. It can be, though.

What if you tried to copy Malini and carried an ice block on your person...then forgot it was there and wondered why you were leaking?

Ian

If my tt fell out of my pocket (with the silk sticking out), I'd just laugh and pretend I did it on purpose to 'tip' the secret.

What if you showed up to your gig and you left your gear at home, and there wasn't enough time to go home to get it? (This happened to me last Wednesday!)

I would take the money in advance and run!

No, actually id hit the closest store and get some paper, pencils, a book or a magazine etc. No biggie, although i would prefer not to leave anything at home, thats why i usually quadruple check everything!

What would you do if your blindfold would actually blindfold you?

Mikk.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
What if your spectator doesn't speaks the same lenguage that you? In wich way would you communicate with them? ( you can't change your tricks for "visual stuff" you still need to give them instructions and comunicate with them)

That will never happen because I speak so many languages......not. RDChopper have you had that exprience? Do answer your question I will walk away.

What if you see Criss Angel? What would you say to him?

Dec 30, 2008
He would ignore me...;)
What would you do if Chris Kenner walked up to you in the middle of a street performance and watched you perform?

I would continue performing, and hope he brought some Jerry's. :D

What if you hurt yourself somehow in the middle of a performance? (The pain is very discomforting)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results