Your go-to control?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Huruey, Jan 12, 2011.

?

How would you normally control a "lost" card to the top of the deck?

1. Double Undercut/Other false cut

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Overhand Shuffle

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Side Steal

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. A Pass

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  5. Other (please elaborate)

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. Hey guys.

I'm interested to see what people might consider their "go-to control". Assuming a card is meant to be lost in the deck, but you actually need it on top, how would you normally do this?

Cheers,

Joe

2. Orbit control. I do it all the time. I practiced it so much and now it is the only top control I do. I even have a method of orbiting to the second, third, and fourth positions from the top. What's yours?

3. Clip shift. Done while talking to the person. they see me holding a packet... look at my eyes... look back... looks the same.. it's perfect

4. my own cut control. It is almost looks like flourish but I don't know any flourishes.

5. I use the
    Top Change as my go to control - Jaryn

6. More often than not it is a pass.

If they are really burning my hands then a cull.

7. I most often use the turnover pass.

8. A simple reverse pass works for me. I do it 99% of the time unless they are really burning my hands in which case I use the fan contol.

9. A modified Bluff Pass...

10. I use classic pass with misdirection help now, but I'm willing to learn side steal. Side steal is great, bacause it's pretty much invisible.

11. I pretty much always default to the Bluff pass.

12. Invisible pass is perfect for those situations. If my hands are being burned I can pull out the orbit control and I also somethimes just out-jog the selection and steal it with tenkai.

13. The "pass" I like to use is le pauls pass

14. Spreadpass, The centerdouble taught in tivo 2.0 and Miller cascade control

15. i use my version of DMB control to control to the bottom. but to the top, probably the pass or orbit control :)

16. wherever they keep their card keep a break and cut or shuffle

17. 2nd is my own Nano control, 1st Herman pass which is very easy, no risk of dropping cards as I have with classic pass and I think it is invisible from all angles.

18. I'm starting to use the cull much more often than before.
    Depends quite a bit on the trick itself though.

19. More than often a classic pass for the top of the deck, and a cull for the bottom of the deck.
    However there are certain tricks I do which necessitate a specific control.

20. Double undercut with another set of false cuts.