Your go-to control?

How would you normally control a "lost" card to the top of the deck?

• Double Undercut/Other false cut

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Overhand Shuffle

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Side Steal

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • A Pass

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2007
UK
Hey guys.

I'm interested to see what people might consider their "go-to control". Assuming a card is meant to be lost in the deck, but you actually need it on top, how would you normally do this?

Cheers,

Joe

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Orbit control. I do it all the time. I practiced it so much and now it is the only top control I do. I even have a method of orbiting to the second, third, and fourth positions from the top. What's yours?

Sep 1, 2007
USA
Clip shift. Done while talking to the person. they see me holding a packet... look at my eyes... look back... looks the same.. it's perfect

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
A simple reverse pass works for me. I do it 99% of the time unless they are really burning my hands in which case I use the fan contol.

Jan 11, 2011
I use classic pass with misdirection help now, but I'm willing to learn side steal. Side steal is great, bacause it's pretty much invisible.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Invisible pass is perfect for those situations. If my hands are being burned I can pull out the orbit control and I also somethimes just out-jog the selection and steal it with tenkai.

Sep 1, 2010
i use my version of DMB control to control to the bottom. but to the top, probably the pass or orbit control :)

Oct 26, 2009
2nd is my own Nano control, 1st Herman pass which is very easy, no risk of dropping cards as I have with classic pass and I think it is invisible from all angles.

Jan 16, 2008
I'm starting to use the cull much more often than before.
Depends quite a bit on the trick itself though.

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
More than often a classic pass for the top of the deck, and a cull for the bottom of the deck.
However there are certain tricks I do which necessitate a specific control.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results