eXile FAQs + Answers

Sep 1, 2007
What's the impromptu-ness factor? We talking minor setup a la angle zero, or full blown TNR gimmick goodness? Or is this something I could do with just a marker and a quarter and no clothes while stranded on an island with cannibals to persuade them not to eat me?

Can the principle be applied to other effects?

Is it tres tres difficile?

What the reset (in other words, could I do it strolling)?

Is there anything extra that comes with the DVD (gimmick, refills, etc.)?

How are the angles (are there any)?

I suppose that's all for now. I already ordered it, but I still am curious.

Thanks, and this looks sick.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I think I have an idea on how it works, and knowing Mathieu Bich magic :p, it would come with the DVD and two more props or just one.. LOOKS SICK....and maybe one of those props that I'm 90% sure that would come with the dvd maybe after some long use you have to order another one..

Just speculations..

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
What's the impromptu-ness factor? We talking minor setup a la angle zero, or full blown TNR gimmick goodness? Or is this something I could do with just a marker and a quarter and no clothes while stranded on an island with cannibals to persuade them not to eat me?

Everything you need is either included or around the house. The initial setup will take less than 10 minutes - very very easy - and once you setup once, you are all set for months. If you don't have a quarter (international), this can of course be done with any coin in any currency.

Can the principle be applied to other effects?

Absolutely - you are not limited to X's. Any effect with a simple shape, number, letter, whatever could potentially be derived.

Is it tres tres difficile?

Not at all - extremely simple and direct to perform.

What the reset (in other words, could I do it strolling)?

Yes - this effect is perfect for strolling. No reset. You could go up to another spectator immediately afterwards and do it again.

Is there anything extra that comes with the DVD (gimmick, refills, etc.)?

Yep - everything you need comes with it with the exception of some common household items.

How are the angles (are there any)?

Angles are a non-issue; this can be done surrounded (as it was by David Blaine at the beginning of the special).

I suppose that's all for now. I already ordered it, but I still am curious.

Thanks, and this looks sick.

I agree. Ha - this one is a shocker, and it's a winner. An effect that is practical, fun to perform, simple to learn, and as simple and visual as magic gets.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
It's an amazing effect, even I could do it with little to no practice and I hardly even do magic. Like JB said, it's simple, direct, and very powerful.

eXit....erm...EXILE is awesome. :p

-Andrei Jikh

May 19, 2008
manchester
can you do this just as a vanish, or could you borrow the coin, can you vanish the Xs to your own hands? if you can do those three you t11 have an extra $30 from me :)

Mar 30, 2008
DC
eXile Question

I saw the other forum for this but I didn't see my questions posted, so I thought Id just make a new forum.

1) Can I remove the x's from under the quarter after the effect is 'over'?

Or does my spectator just have to wash those off...

2) Also, if I cannot take it off, will the spectator figure out the trick if they go and try to wash it off? Or if they mess around with the x's?

Thanks in advance

Sep 1, 2007
Is it possible to use this to "tag" spectators without them knowing?

In other words, can I have them choose a card and then reveal that it is written on their body?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
The spectator can rub the X's as much as they want - they don't rub off easily. Simply washing their hands with soap and water will do the trick though.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Thanks guys

Woot Woot! You just friended me on facebook Jonathon Bayme

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
yeah they cant just rub them off. because if you watch it again he say "rub that make sure it doesnt come off"

and also a Q for Jonathan or another T11 artist, on a scale of 1-10 how hard is the trick

May 24, 2008
any gimmicks?? can they feel themselves being written on??

yeah, i want to know about if there is a gimmick or not. If not, its super amazing and sounds practical, if so, if its something simple, then i would still use it.

Sep 2, 2007
Would this have to be done with x's or would anything be ok? Just wondering, looks cool. Might have to pick this up. Cheers JB or whoever answers.
As JB mentioned in this post, eXile is not restricted to just X's, but rather "any simple shape, number, letter, whatever could potentially be derived." He also goes on to address some other frequently asked questions in that post.

Exile, without a doubt, is one of my favorite effects from the special, and, from what I saw of eXile therein and from the preview video, it should be off the proverbial hook. I can't wait. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results