Surfaced by Chad Nelson

Sep 3, 2007
The thing thats frustrating me with this move is that all of the explanations were done using a fairly large movement of the deck. This seems to be the only thing I can get down so far (slowly as of yet). Then when he says "and this is what it looks like done fast" the deck is kept horizontal unless I'm just missing something.

Mar 24, 2008
Sir FansAlot,

I had the same issue. What I did was to start doing the move as fast as I could. it seemd to help me out in a big way. I also keep the deck flat. Move quick on the first part and then the second part will flow really quick.

HtH

-Altrez

Sep 1, 2007
Should I practice it horizontally? Because when I do it with the deck facing down the card drops.

The thing thats frustrating me with this move is that all of the explanations were done using a fairly large movement of the deck. This seems to be the only thing I can get down so far (slowly as of yet). Then when he says "and this is what it looks like done fast" the deck is kept horizontal unless I'm just missing something.

I am having the exact same issue.

I'm also having allot of trouble keeping anything from "touching". I know there is little we can say on an open forum, but getting the shift to happen without any touching is something I just don't understand.

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, the "shift" part isn't that hard, but the "clip" part is real hard. PM if you have advice.

Mar 24, 2008
Do the Clip move with speed and listen closely to what he says. PM me, and I will try to help :)

-Altrez

Jun 10, 2008
Any pm on establishing/practicing the clip portion of this would be appreciated. I have noticed videos of some folks doing the clip shift bending the pack excessively, and I do realize some benefit by doing this; but just getting the first 2 steps down right is tough- I just don't want to get really good at doing it wrong ... And FWIW, I have a hard time doing the shift without touching as well... Big hands seem to help though! :D

-adm

Sep 1, 2007
Nope you're not the only one with small hands, I cant even pull it out long enough to be clipped and when I do clip it it still touch the deck and I cant seem to move the deck out of the way with my thumb. I think this move is harder then a pass.
Cheers
Andrew

Sep 1, 2007
I can't get the friggin card to be squared at the end of the sleight. Its its the edge of my thumb, unable to clear it.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I can't get the friggin card to be squared at the end of the sleight. Its its the edge of my thumb, unable to clear it.

It's knacky, you just have to practice. That used to happen to me, but I've found a way that is comfortable for me and accomplishes the move. Try changing the finger positions a little bit, that may help.

David

Sep 1, 2007
I can get the whole move down in a slow pace. However, when I try to shake it and then do it, I can't do the replacement part of it. (Can't seem to square it up) Also, I'm using the help of my index finger during the shift even tho it says not to but it helps. I just put it back in the original position after the shift and it should work fine.

Sep 1, 2007
I say just get the move down, then go for a shaking motion.

This last square up is a real ***** of a move.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results