Asking Her To Prom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
My girlfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year, and she loves and supports my magic.

It is a given that we are going to prom together, but I still want to ask her.

Of course, I want to use a magic effect. I don't want to do some huge stage illusion, but I also don't want to do a small close up effect with coins or cards or anything like that ya know?

I got a while to plan this out, so I could save and get materials if needed.

Can we brainstorm some ideas of ways I could do this?

P.S. I can probably tell her mom I'm going to do this, and get her to get it on video :)

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
look into some of those signature morphing tricks. have her sign...then change it to say "will you go to prom with me?" or somethign like that.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
because I love magic, and I love her. Yeah I could do other things, but I am the only magician in my school...What could be more creative than something amazing to ask someone amazing to prom

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Homecoming has already passed. Prom will be around next march..(?) but why wait till then? If I come up with something now, this will give me plenty of time to get what I need, get it down, and be able to perform it great!!!

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
If you were intending on using magic, I wouldn't recommend using an effect as the main mediator. Use magic to accent however you are going to ask her, but don't make it the focus. Don't make it about the magic, make it about her, and about asking her.

Something like a rose apparition at the end, or something simple, that isn't the main focus.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Honestly, I would just ask her without using any magic. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but using magic is kind of cheesy to ask a girl to prom...

She wants to go out with YOU, not your magic, so just be real and ask her by going on a nice date. Maybe a picnic by a lake at sunset, ect. Do something that comes from you and not your magic. You can use magic if you want, however she might think using magic to get her to say yes is kind of cheesy and loses the effect (no pun intended).

-Casey

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
If you were intending on using magic, I wouldn't recommend using an effect as the main mediator. Use magic to accent however you are going to ask her, but don't make it the focus. Don't make it about the magic, make it about her, and about asking her.

Something like a rose apparition at the end, or something simple, that isn't the main focus.

twenty points. good post.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Darren Brown has an effect called Zammel's rose (i know i didnt spell that right)
Its pretty cool, it involves cards and a rose.

The only other thought i have is a rose production with flash paper.
Its flashy, uses fire and roses are always good

Sep 1, 2007
I'm a musician and filmmaker. I do not ask women out by composing a song and shooting an artsy music video for it to convey the question.

So why are we having this conversation again?

Sep 1, 2007
Can anyone actually give a reason for doing that effect? Or are we just assuming chicks dig flowers?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Homecoming is a highschool football game for all the kids who have graduated and gone off to college to come back home and see their high school team play.

@steerpike - your negative comments are unwanted. It isn't like I'm going to just one random day do a magic trick and ask her. I will probably do it while on a nice date with her. Believe me, I know her, and she would think a magic trick to ask her to prom would be amazing and sweet and romantic and creative... that is why we are having this conversation

@William Draven - Is that like making a rose out of flash paper and then lighting it up and it turning into a real rose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results